“Life has many twists and turns – similar to trails old and new.”
The Trans Bhutan Trail Team
L to R – Pema Drukpa – Tourism representative, Dorji Dhradhul – Director General – Tourism Council of Bhutan, Catherine Smart & Stephen Couchman – Trans Bhutan Trail Project Directors
November has proven to be a very full month! Trail highlights include:
- Secured a Tourism trail team partner – Welcome Pema!
- Completed the first trail survey, traveling across the country from Thimphu to Tashingang and back
- Creating a trail partner database to assist with moving the trail initiative forward
- First Steering Committee meeting will occur mid December
- Preparing for office grand opening which will take place in January
- Will meet with additional stakeholders at the end of November and into December in Thimphu
- Began development of brand and marketing strategy
- Launch of 2020 Bhutan Canada Snowman Trek (Click on https://bhutancanada.org for details.)
Visits to many local Dzongs which are the ‘heart’ of every community. (Punakha Dzong pictured.)
“Dzong architecture is a distinctive type of fortress architecture found mainly in Bhutan and Tibetan areas of India. The architecture is massive in style with towering exterior walls surrounding a complex of courtyards, temples, administrative offices, and monks’ accommodation”.
A website will be up and running in the next few months. In the mean time, please contact me at email@example.com if you would like to learn more about the project and/or get involved!
For travel information about Bhutan please log onto www.goodkarmatravels.bt
Bhutan Canada Foundation – https://bhutancanada.org
Tourism Council of Bhutan – https://www.tourism.gov.bt