Bluewater District School Board
The enactment of the Ontarians with Disabilities Act required the Blue Water District School Board to participate in ongoing accessibility planning activities including the preparation and publishing of an Annual Accessibility Plan.
The primary purpose of the accessibility audit will establish the following:
- the identification of barriers that might limit the use of the school board’s facilities and customer services, by persons with disabilities;
- the identification of obvious solutions for the removal of identified barriers; and
- the identification of related best practices for use in the process of ongoing accessibility planning.
Scope of Work
- Smart Move attended a start up meeting with the key BWDSB contact to review the scope of work, identify key contact persons and to establish critical dates and deliverables.
- Undertook a general accessibility audit of the facilities. Specifically:
- Develop project specific audit forms
- Develop an audit plan for the 60 plus facilities.
- Undertake a general accessibility audit of the facilities.
- Prepare a summary report for each facility identifying major barriers and obvious solutions.
- Identified sources of related best practices for use in the process of ongoing accessibility planning.
- Prepared a draft report compiling observations and recommendations.
- Attended a meeting with BWDSB to present the draft report.
- Made any necessary adjustments to the report, based on feedback.
- Presented the final report at a meeting with key stakeholders.